1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

CXL 2012 City crash at load-up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Tramp, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Hello, I hope somebody can help me. After a game crash I had to use the restore function from the pc system as a game reinstall wouldn't load at all. I then put back to my pak folder all my mods, put my cities back in their places (as I backup regularly), and re-added the tags file, however things haven't gone as they should have and my favourite city won't load. My game loads to the world screen but will crash towards the end of my city load-up. Is there something I'm missing etc? The log file makes no sense to me, but I'll post the last 10-20 lines of it here in the hope of some insights. The file upload here doesn't seem to allow the upload of the log file. Thank you in advance.

[16:44:41] SIMLAYOUT sltCoLayouts.cpp ( 173) Error [sltCoLayouts] : can't get layout : "Data/Design/Layout/B_Service/b_transport_dockend_t1_t1_Base.layout" in prototype : "data/design/buildings/construction/harbor/b_transport_dockend_t1.class"
    [16:45:08] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:08] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:09] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:10] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:10] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:13] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:13] GAMEGRAPHICS ggLodDynamic.cpp ( 383) Assert Trying to downsample Lodf texture boje_dif
    [16:45:23] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:32] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:39] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:51] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:45:54] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:46:00] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:46:19] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:46:27] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:46:29] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:46:39] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:46:39] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:03] DISPLAYSCENE dsSceneUtils.cpp ( 98) Error dsSceneUtils::s_LoadGraphicObject: missing file <data/gfx/road/r_na_roadinvisible99_20x40x40.sgbin> and no placeholder found !
    [16:47:11] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:11] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:12] GRAPH3D mshMesh.cpp ( 202) Error Multi-material mesh detected : C:\Users\Paul Christopher\Documents\3dsMaxDesign\export\r_rb_pavementesp1_07,5x7,5x40 (currently not supported by engine)
    [16:47:13] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:13] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:15] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:15] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 522) Error No load data for current segment (1.#INF)
    [16:47:15] AppliMain srsResourceManager.cpp (1201) Assert NULL pointer!

2. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

... ah, there we go :)

Attached Files:

3. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

After doing the restore you still might need to reinstall the game again. I don't trust windows restore at all. I've had cases where some stuff disappears. Check that UIM is still is there as well.

4. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Thank you for the suggestion Skullz. I've now reinstalled, and finally got the game to load up. I still have the same problem with my city not loading however. My city folder and the paks folder have been put back where they have always been, and the tags file is in its place. (my UIM has always been in the paks folder even though the page says not to, and it has always worked previously. Should it be elsewhere on this occasion?). I really hope you (or anyone) can work out what the problem is, it is a huge full map city which I was just preparing to show some photos of, and now I can't open it :-(

I'll post the new log file here.

Attached Files:

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I hate trying to recover from things like this. Most re installs have worked for me.
    SoloSaveRegion7Map73 seems to be the save your loading. There's a lot of errors about missing layouts.
    Are you sure that you have all the mods you were using in your city, in the new paks folder?

6. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Thank you for helping me out, you are correct that my city is SoloSaveRegion7Map73. Everything I have as a mod has always been in a folder named 'mods' within my paks folder. I haven't removed anything from within, and I have returned this 'mods' folder to my paks folder. Is there any way to name what mod/s is missing from what the log file says?

7. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

If those errors are to do with missing mods, then it will be a long job tracking them down as there are a lot of missing layout lines in the log.
    I'm hoping another player will have some ideas on whats happening with your city your trying to load.
    One thing I'm thinking is the when you did the restore, windows removed newer installed mods from the folder. I do not trust windows restore as I have had files go missing when Windows says no personal files get touched.
    Do you have a backup of the mods folder before you did the restore?

8. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

You are missing many mods. The fancy trees and harbor besides some industry, house and apartment.
    Either that or you ran out of memory to load them, but I would expect a different error in that case.
    Does your "disk" has room on it for the save?

Do you have a previous version of the city to try loading?
    This one seems to have many errors like the data is garbled.

9. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Thank you all for helping. My mods folder was backed up before the system restore and then re-placed in the paks folder after. There shouldn't be anything missing from that (unless there are certain mods which should be placed elsewhere which i forgot about). As far as I can tell everthing is back in its place but just won't load. The city has always worked fine before this and had no memory issues. I have 3 saves for this city, but none of them work. A smaller test city on the same map (different slot) works fine. How do I find which mods I need to replace?

10. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

After a long search through the file and trying to match up against my paks folder, I am still totally confused as to what the problem here might be. The log file doesn't make too much sense to me for a start, and the mods that I have some idea of (from what's been mentioned here) seem to be in the paks folder already. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to work out exactly which mods I need to replace? Does the log file tell that? Please somebody help me, I still can't open this city. Is there any way to get the city to open without the missing mods somehow? (like was possible with simcity and the brown boxes). Thank you in advance.

11. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

One of the mods has the fancy trees.
    t_noc_azalea01.class
    t_noc_japaneseangelica01.class
    t_noc_agarwood01.class
    t_noc_cecropia01.class
    t_noc_christmasscotchpine01.class
    etc.
    Try reinstalling that mod and see if those messages disappear from the error dump.

Another mod has a harbor dock. Do the same for that.

Finding the t2 and t3 buildings would be guessing unless the author recognizes the names.

12. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Thank you very much Skater27, I will try that now. Is there any more info with the "t2 and t3" buildings? Maybe I will recognise them from my city?

13. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Ok, I replaced the mods that contained the fancy trees and any i could think of that contained some sort of dock, plus some that i thought might be the buildings, but the city still won't load up. The loading bar now travels much further toward the end but it will still crash. The log file still looks the same to me with what looks like the same things listed. Can anyone analyze the log file and please tell me where I'm going wrong?

14. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Could try reinstalling all the mods you have.
    Pay attention to the requirements of each mod reinstalled.
    If that doesn't work then copy the cities in the app data and uninstall and reinstall the entire game.
    Copy the cities back.
    If it still crashes either you either have a missing mod or your city is corrupt.

Or just give up and start over.

15. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Thank you. Do you know of any mods or dependencies that are installed elsewhere outside the paks folder? That's the only other thing I can think of.

16. Skater27

Skater27 Executive

Just the UIM as far as I remember, but that has an installer.

17. Tramp

Tramp Unskilled Worker

Does anyone have the map file named 'portlandfunkymc_01.patch' ?? I think this may be the file that's missing as it's a dependency of this citys map.