1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Maps Custom GM UIM map of Kolkata ( formerly Calcutta)

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Sourav, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Sourav

Sourav Vagabond

Attached Files:

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Sourav

Sourav Vagabond

Hey Skullz, many thanks bud, but unfortunately its not working again. Actually I could create .patch file using WM2. map editor and Funcky's tutorial before but while loading the patch file and try to create a in-game city, the screen was freezing with 10% load, and all memory was dumped. I tried with the files you sent too, but Im again out of my luck :(. I am attaching the final patch file and data folder I created. If you have time, please check into these and if possible, create a patch for me. Thanks in advance bud, I know its awkward.

Attached Files:

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll have a look at your files. I actually tried getting the map to work last night but 2012 kept crashing. It was issues with the tags file and by the time I had sorted it out I was to tired to carry on testing the map.

5. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I've just had a quick look at your data folder. I see one problem so far that you have used a capital letter (K) in you file names. It can cause a few issues with the map. One being the the road connections won't work properly.
    Did you to a test of the map before you made it to UIM format? (File, export, select patch file and the map it is to replace) We do this so we know the map works before all the hard work of making it UIM

EDIT: Just seen my log and it keeps putting out this line
    mcSerializeTag.cpp ( 42) ErrorBuild mcSerializeTag: Corrupted file, Invalid tag
    It might be the difference in size of the colormap (2048x2048) and the other files (512x512)

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Well that was not it. I just noticed something else though and I bet it's the cause for the crash.
    issue.JPG
    See the 513x513 bit?

What you need to do is go into worldmachine, change the settings I told you about then do a new build of heightmap, colormap and shadowmap.

7. Sourav

Sourav Vagabond

:( :( out of my damn luck once again... It must be some silly mistake I'm doing or I might be a completely technically dumb-ass... Now with the patch file, forget about freezing at 10%, my game isn't even starting. its crashing after start-up video... I'm just exhausted..and awaiting cities-skylines,.. :(