1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

CXL Platinum Game Crashes On Start

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Nitrogeneration, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Nitrogeneration

Nitrogeneration Vagabond

I have the Steam version of CXL Platinum, and it crashes on start with "Cities XL Platinum has stopped working."

Here is the bug log:
    [22:11:03] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 827) Error Available physical memory = 3.035Gb
    [22:11:03] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 828) Error Available addressable virtual memory = 3.800Gb
    [22:11:03] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 829) Error Total physical memory = 5.465Gb
    [22:11:03] CORE mcMem.cpp ( 830) Error Total addressable virtual memory = 3.999Gb
    [22:11:03] MEMORY mcMemAllocator.cpp ( 107) ErrorBuild .\Core\mcStringBasic.cpp(124) : Request for allocation failed. Out of memory (need -1629982448)

Could it be corrupt mods or conflicts? I installed all my mods today, so I have all the latest versions, and I have many.

2. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

It seems from my experience that those memory errors usually indicate a corrupt mod.

How many mods do you have exactly? If you install dozens of them at once, then it can be difficult to find the problem (if it is indeed a corrupt mod to begin with).

3. gseid87

gseid87 Unskilled Worker

Im also had this problem, so:
    1- I reinstalled the Cities XL Platinum
    2- Then I installed the UIM 1.79.9, custom instal, full installation of all resources: HEM ; CLM; RHM; Highway Interexchange, etc.
    3- Then installed the RHM 2.0
    4- Then I pasted on the paks folder all the dependencies (Check the pdf below to see the list of dependecies and modifications patchs, they are all available on this website)
    5- Then pasted most of the resources of this website one by one, testing everytime by opening the game and waiting for problems, i had several problems and picked up the patches that were making the game crashes: XL_Nation_Karaaib_Ent_MSG_UIM_V1.0;
    KH_CityLife2008Plaza ; XLN_edesa_KTMv1.0 ; XLN_Preyfr60_AltirisInc; XLnation_diScOpOlis_res_TrumpWorldTower-UIM_v1.0 ;

Note: I downloaded most of the resources of the website, its only missing a few Office buildings, that I will download this week and start testing again.

Dont know why they are not working yet, but this is my current setup for the Cities XL Platinum - September 2014.

Attached Files:

4. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I have these two running OK in my games with no issues.
    KH_CityLife2008Plaza.patch
    XLnation_diScOpOlis_res_TrumpWorldTower-UIM_v1.0.patch

5. gseid87

gseid87 Unskilled Worker

Do you have the same dependencies that I have?

6. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't have some of the ones you have.

This one could be a problem depending what it is. Looks like you should only use one and not both.
    what.png

Here's another one. You have two of the same file at different revisions
    what2.png
    Plus CLM can cause problems on it's own, so I don't use it.

gseid87 likes this.
  7. gseid87

gseid87 Unskilled Worker

Ty for the attetion, im reviewing my mods at the moment XD

8. Ashel

Ashel Skilled Worker

When i download Santos_BRA_0 to my game is crash! :( (i use XLN_Altiris_Maps_MoreSlotsfor2012Maps_v1.0.patch)

9. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

I assume you have UIM also?

Getting custom maps to work and not crash can be difficult, in my experience (you might want to open a separate topic).

10. gseid87

gseid87 Unskilled Worker

Mine is working, check out my dependencies maybe you are missing something on your paks folder, im still testing all the mods from the website, but overall, 95% of the mods are working if you have all the dependencies.

11. Ashel

Ashel Skilled Worker

i think i didnt forget nothing have UIM, more slots, shader ect. i dunno why is happened i tried to put that file to different places result is same

12. gseid87

gseid87 Unskilled Worker

maybe you are using the more than 1 map mod for the smae map slot, some maps use existing map slots from cities xl, try taking off all the maps and placing only santos map

13. mgsports

mgsports Unskilled Worker

Get same Error have Windows 10,8 Gigs of Ram. Even happened when no Mods installed. I have Unlocker 2,Road Additions 1.1,Littleriverfalls that I think is Kansas City Map and Nick97's that has Sears,Family Dollar,Burger King and others in it. But don't now if my Patch for is up to date.

14. Monty

Monty Governor

I got the same error today. The game just didn't want to load anymore. After deleting the file:
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Focus Home Interactive\Cities XXL\live\data\config\prototypesdb.bin and launching the game again it worked, but it took longer than usual. The log file was full of error like this:

sczPsJobProvider::SetMaxJob : invalid maxjob : 0

I went to planet mode, exited the game and on the next time I loaded the game it started normally without problems.

ewood14 likes this.
  15. kipate

kipate Governor

Which sounds normal, as the game engine generates a new prototypesdb.bin file (just to clarify this; I mean, I know that you know this, Monty).

16. Monty

Monty Governor

I posted it because others who don't know about it may find this helpful, smarty pants.

17. kipate

kipate Governor

I guess you misunderstood me: I just wanted to make clear that the fact that the game loads longer is not something to be worried about, it was not about your advice in general.