1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Cities XXL Game keeps crashing after i zoom in to start Building

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Puss in boots, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

here is my log

[23:15:26] GRAPH3D EffectFactory.cpp ( 320) Error Fx file <Data/Shader/#.fx> not found. Switching to default.
    [23:15:26] GRAPH3D EffectFactory.cpp ( 320) Error Fx file <Data/Shader/#.fx> not found. Switching to default.
    [23:15:26] CORE Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h ( 518) Assert Technique not valid.
    [23:15:26] CORE Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h ( 559) Assert Technique not valid.
    [23:15:26] CORE Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h ( 568) Assert Technique not valid.
    [23:15:26] CORE Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h ( 570) Assert EffectPass at index 0 is not valid!
    [23:15:26] CORE Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h ( 583) Assert hr code: 1822398 "Error creating input layout"
    [23:15:26] CORE Graph3D/WrapperDx11/Effect.h ( 592) Assert hr code: 182244c "Effect::BeginPass error"

So i start my city and withing a minute the game crashes and gives me this log.

i have alreafy being busy building this city all day and somehow its starts crashing

thanks for your trouble

2. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Are you using Monty's Mississauga Suburban Homes mod? It is not compatible yet with XXL and gave me the same error when I zoomed in.
    If you are not using his mod then you have another XL mod that is not compatible with XXL

P.S. The compatibility list made here on XLN has a lot of mods in it that will cause problems. Best thing to do is only use the mods on Steam and the XXL mods here on XLN

3. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

i do have that mod but i dont use it

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

Sounds like your using xxl with custom mods that have not been fully tested??
    Some mods use custom transparent shaders, some seem to work some don't.

How many mods do you have installed, maybe list them!

5. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

well at the moment i use this mods in my city

the german pack
    wear and tear roads
    pjc esplenade road, the one with the no gaps in it
    the parking roads
    rhm
    60m blvd road
    the bridge pack by mr X
    and several from steam workshop

also i have more mods but i havent used them yet

6. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

could be any of those if they have not been tested for xxl.

7. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

even, if i dont use them?

8. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

If the problem mod you added to your city it will be an issue until you remove it.
    You basically need to reinstall those mods, then load your city without crashing it. delete the buildings(mods) you placed in your city. Then delete the mod.

9. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

well i have remomed the pjc bridge pack and 12 min no crashes haha