1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

I have 2 important questions

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by axel, Feb 12, 2024.

1. axel

axel Governor

Unfortunately I have to move to a new computer with crappy Windows 10 (i Use W7), my question is does cities XXL run on Windows 10?
    and can I also use a newer version 3DS max to make mods and can I also use the Viewer for Autocad?
    can anyone give me advice on this please

2. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello AXEL,

The Cities XXL game works very well on Windows 10.

When FOCUS HOME INTERACTIVE launched Cities XXL in 2015,
    They announced that it was possible to make 3D Models in .FBX format

Which would mean that any modeling software that allows you to save your work in .FBX format should normally work with the "ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.15" viewing tool.

You need to be able to find the viewing tool once Cities XXL is installed on your new PC by following the path:
    C:\Programmes\Steam\steamapps\common\Cities XXL\ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.15

For my part, the last mods made were made with 3DS MAX 2012, installed on Windows 10 and 11.

If possible for you, try reinstalling a 3DS MAX 2012 version,
    It seems to me that this should be simpler.

3. axel

axel Governor

Hi buddy, thank you for your response, you have made me very happy with this news.
    I don't use Steam myself, but I have and use CitiesXL_ArtistToolSuite2012. Can I continue to use this if I start using another 3DS Max? or should I look elsewhere for a new version?
    Will Cities XXL also work on Windows 11, I may take Windows 11.
    I just looked in my 3DS max but I only see Max files and no FBX to save, am I looking wrong? my apologies for all those questions buddy

Is it possible to upload Cities XXL\ArtistSuiteSetup.10.4.0.15 here on XL nation mate?