1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

I have a question and a proposal for modders

Discussion in 'Modding Help Quarter' started by secpol, Aug 17, 2016.

?
  1. Increase

2. Stet

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. secpol

secpol Governor

I have a question and a proposal for modders. CXL Specification was created in ~2009. Since computers have become much more powerful. I suggest to increase the size of textures twice, except LOD4, and certain textures, which do not require detailed (lm, ill). I'm tired of looking at blurry textures.
    I would like to hear your opinion. Thanks.

2. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

id say it depends on the model ure creating. for some its good, for others its not necessary. computers may be faster, but cxl engine is still the same crap :p

Monty likes this.
  3. secpol

secpol Governor

Vote active! That then it was not a question, why texture 2048, to avoid later problems.:cry::cry::cry:

4. Monty

Monty Governor

As Mr X said, Cities XL still a crappy game. I think most buildings look good enough with the current size of textures. It's not a FPS game so it's never going to look great at street level.

5. secpol

secpol Governor

I do not agree. Inconsistency permits maps bp, rf, sp, and especially dif, gives birth deformities eg different resolutions dif and bp maps.

6. secpol

secpol Governor

With high detail