1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Modular Harbor Pack - Part I: OIL PACK by Aitortilla 2015-03-06

xlnation_aitortilla01_Modular_Harbor_Pack_OIL_PACK_v1.0.patch

1. slsh

slsh Vagabond

2. Kurtis Edwards

Where is the menu location? I tried the pre-xxl version and think it didn't work because of tags and what not.

3. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Inter-City/Custom Content

4. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

ahh sorry seems you decided to convert it for xxl game? would love to know more details about what you did. Also did you first try to contact Aitortilla about doing this? he is still around, so I'm sure a quick PM to him wouldn't of hurt. cheers

6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah its getting reassigned to aitortilla
    and i agree, a short information about the changes that were made would be nice.
    and i agree also that mods of inactive authors should be prioritized; the problem here is that aitortilla doesnt accept pms, only moderators can contact him ;)
    maybe we should have done the debate about converting mods more public :oops:

7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

that's odd I can PM @ait or well reply to a PM he sent me.

Anyways one idea I have is if your going to convert/change and upload a mod by another author first do below.

- First try and contact the author, see what they say first.
    - No reply by author? then post a thread about what mod you wish to convert/upload. maybe someone can help or contact that author.
    - Finally if you do convert or upload a mod by another author, describe in detail what you actually changed. Give due credit to original author.

8. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah what i say in the tutorial is:
    "Only convert Mods from the owner XLN-Staff!! Active modders will convert their mods themselves ;)"
    "4. You are not allowed to adopt the converted Mod. Means: If you convert a mod to CXXL-Compatibility, you are allowed to upload it to the XXLEX. BUT: You are not allowed to keep it as your resource and you are not allowed to change the name of the .patch file to your own name. Also you are not allowed to upload it elsewhere than on XLnation.city without the permission of the original author (for example Steam Workshop)!!" --> moderators will reassing to xln staff (or the original author)
    "Done? Now add a short description in a different color and say that you (add your username) have made the following changes (for example: added filter tags). Also name the original author."
    a good example by @IcyHot how it was meant to be made: http://xlnation.city/resources/one-canada-square.1270/

9. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

sounds good just need others to follow instructions :) which never happens!.

Maybe a better alternative is address the problems with why some mods do not work in xxl, then get fixes made to xxl game to make them work. 90% mods should work, just those other highly modded or older mods might not work

10. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah, maybe, but i will focus on my own projects in future... someone else can do this
    and if its maybe better to remove this converting tutorial then, im totally ok with

11. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

your learning then hahah.

Mr.X² likes this.
  12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Here's a video showing off this wonderful oil pack mod that shows placement of buildings and ships so they align properly plus what works and what doesn't. While ships at sea aren't connected to city hall they don't give us their bonuses but that's okay since they look cool sitting on the sea.