1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Official 2016 The Inlet Map Contest Submissions

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by IcyHot, Feb 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

XLN_Banner-1.png
    The Inlet City Map Building
    City Builders may submit up to 10 individual photos (no combining photos into a montage) for consideration in the contest. Only one entry per person. Entries must be posted before April 1, 2016.

Please DO NOT post Mega Screenshots, not everyone has Fiber into their homes.

• Only posts with official photo submissions are allowed. Any other comments or replies will be deleted from this thread. (If you want to talk about submissions pick a new thread)
    • Entries in the Contest need to include the name of your City and if you desire a "pitch" about why your city is the best or what category you hope to win.
    • If you want to update and or replace your Official Entry prior to the end of March 2016 please contact me or a moderator to have your older post removed. We want to avoid confusion with multiple entries.
    On April 1, 2016, a poll with the official entries will open. The XLNation community will vote for their 3 favorite cities. The Top 3 Winners will receive a unique medal and 15/10/5 Trophy points. When the poll opens, comments from the XLNation Community are encouraged. Cheer on your favorites or campaign for a winner. Any photos submitted after the poll opens will be deleted!

Category Winners will be judged by a private panel of 5 non-city building people fans. Most will know nothing about Cities XL and will base their judgements solely on the photo submissions and the categories. Winners will receive a unique medal and 10 Trophy points. There is one winner per category. All winners will be announced when the poll officially closes.

Here are the categories:
    • Best rural or farm region
    • Best "Green" City
    • Best "Industrial" City
    • Best RHM interchanges and highways
    • Best Parks and Plazas
    • Best realistic City
    • Best futuristic City
    • Best Vacation City
    • Best "Historical" City
    • Best "Commercial" City
    • Best Looking Skyline
    • Best Looking Harbor
    • Best Looking Airport
    • Best Looking Rail Networks and Stations
    Good Luck everyone. Official Entries will be accepted until March 31, 2016

Wibi, veija2, Drazicdesign and 2 others like this.
  2. ABerti

ABerti Vagabond

Hallo again
    now some pictures in the correkt map
    Name Aberta
    east of inlet, small villages
    Modifikation river and see
    natural green or farming
    thanks

Attached Files:

exit1423, Inan, RedZone19 and 7 others like this.
  3. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Introducing Fisher's Landing, a small US City of 23,330 founded in 1852. Baker Agriculture Land Grant College was founded in 1872 just outside town along Taylor's Ferry Rd (now US Highway 12). You can easily notice the test plots where various farming practices are being researched. The college expanded into viniculture research in the 1990's, shortly after the first vineyards began to appear in the valley. The college features a working vineyard attracting students from all parts of the United States.

My thought process for this contest. Fisher's Landing naturally grew up around a Ferry Crossing setup by Franklin Taylor, a smart entrepreneur who saw a need to help early settlers move goods easier across the river. Naturally a road soon linked to the Ferry and the road took on the name Taylor's Ferry Rd. With the advent of the automobile the United States began construction of the US Highway system in the 1920's. Taylor's Ferry then became known as US12 and Fisher's Landing city fathers created two one way sections through town to better ease traffic and provide space for future expansion.

In the 1950's the United States began construction of the Interstate System. These limited access highways circumvented the small towns such as Fisher's Landing. Interstate 92 now skirts around the north side of town with three exits offering access to Fisher's Landing.

I believe Fisher's Landing is a strong contender for:
    1. Best Farm or Rural Region
    2. Best Realistic City
    3. Best Green City

Downtown Fisher's Landing with the eastbound view of US12
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_1ff.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_1.jpg

cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_0.jpg
    East Side of Fisher's Landing
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_10.jpg

Arial View of Fisher's Landing
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_2d.jpg

Baker Agriculture College and the "Quad"
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_0f.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_11.jpg

The Farms
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_5.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_7.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_fishers landing_2.jpg

Basol, CraCkeR JaCk, raulv87 and 14 others like this.
  4. ovarz

ovarz Governor

Welcome To IDGS City

[​IMG]

IDGS City is the capital of South East Sumatra province in Indonesia. Located on the southern coast, and with 4,193,851 inhabitants at the 2015 census, IDGS City is the second largest city in Indonesia behind New Jak. and the largest Indonesian city outside Java. Its built-up (or metro) area made of 18 municipalities or districts was home to 8,103,696 inhabitants at the 2015 census.

[​IMG]
    Sky View of IDGS City​

IDGS City lies on the banks of the Aion River and Lineage River which feed into a naturally sheltered harbor and then into the Straits of Indo, it has helped the city grow in significance as a trading port. Its elevation varies between 2.5 - 37.5 metres above sea level. Located in the central part of IDGS Regency, IDGS City is surrounded by satellite cities and towns such as Inna Muaro Town, Dossena City, Gambon Town, Rickers City which help the city become a new urban area in Indonesia which known as 'Indogamers'.

In 2007, General Aufar Mahardi served as Governor from the mid-2007s commencement of the "New Order" through to 2012; he rehabilitated roads and bridges, make interconnection all over the city with IDGS BRT and MRT, encouraged the arts, built several hospitals, and a large number of new schools. He began control of migration to the city to stem overcrowding and poverty. Foreign investment contributed to a real estate boom which changed the face of the city.

[​IMG]
    Aerial View of Marina Bay

[​IMG]
    Sunset at IDGS City​

IDGS City recognized as one among six cities in Asia to feature and preserve several colonial architectural sites, while accompanying its' growth as a metropolitan city.

[​IMG]
    Sky View of Soedirman CBD

[​IMG]
    Aerial View from Soedirman CBD ​

Like New Jak, the surrounding cities of IDGS are served by IDGS MRT or commonly known as Commuterline, a commuter rail system which serves commuters both in and around IDGS City. The commuter system was started in 2007. IDGS MRT have 3 ground line and 8 underground line. The major rail stations are Gambir, Kota, Jatinegara, Manggarai, and Tanah Abang. During rush hours, the number of passengers greatly exceeds the system's capacity, and crowding is common.

Also IDGS City have IDGS BRT service (known as Busway). IDGS BRT was developed in the context of development reforms (or reformasi) and used TransJakarta system as a model. IDGS City's first busway line, from Tanah Abang to Halim opened in April 2008 and as of 14 February 2016, 15 out of 18 corridors are in use. IDGS BRT has the world's second longest bus rapid transit routes (124 km in length) and has more than 490 buses in operation.

[​IMG]
    Aerial View from Duren Tiga Shelter

[​IMG]
    Aerial View from Jatinegara Station ​

In June 2013, IDGS City had only 10.5% green open space (Ruang Terbuka Hijau) and will be added to 13.94% public green open space. Public parks are included in public green open space. By 2030, the administration also hope there are 16% private green open space.

[​IMG]
    Dukuh Atas Park​

The new Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport (HPIA) which was opened to the public on July 25, 2009 is the latest landmark and pride to the people of IDGS City. The new airport is the second largest airport after Soekarno-Hatta International Airport with a 224,298 m2 (2,414,324 sq ft) passengers terminal and will eventually have a capacity of 50 million passengers and the first airport which has direct rail to city.

Airport Train known as Airport Railink Services (ARS) connects the airport to city center. The train runs from Gambir Central Station beside the Monumen National (Monas) at Balai Kota Street every 2 hour at 4:00 a.m. to 08:00 p.m and from the airport at 5:25 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. It is the fastest way to reach the airport from the city, taking 10 minutes. The other way from the Airport to the city takes longer (30 to 40 minutes).

[​IMG]
    Halim Perdanakusuma International Airport​

I hope IDGS City is a strong contender for:
    • Best Parks and Plazas
    • Best realistic City
    • Best futuristic City
    • Best Vacation City
    • Best "Commercial" City
    • Best Looking Skyline
    • Best Looking Airport

Thank You

5. Clemech4

Clemech4 Ambasidor

Welcome to Hazahaa Trost, a city located on a distant planet called Tohotam or Planet 159, at 90 km in Northwest Poroyana state's capital. Hazahaa Trost is the most important tourist city on the planet (the tourist town is not built yet), it was founded 317 years ago or 174 years after the invasion of the planet by the alien race Gzawon. The indigenous population was decimated and enslaved.
    I made something different this time, a futuristic and sci-fi city. I hope you will like it :)

I think Hazahaa Trost is a conteder for
    • Best futuristic City
    • Best "Industrial" City

cxl_screenshot_hazahaa trost_97.jpg

Register or to view Spoiler content!

Thank you and good luck everyone!

gbojanic, Kaiman, raulv87 and 10 others like this.
  6. raulv87

raulv87 Elite

Hello, everyone!
    This is my city Mārietana and I haven't changed my style. So, another city from me that looks eastern european. Maybe it could be competing under the category "Best realistic city", because it has many characteristics of eastern european, especially baltic cities:

It has a compact city center
    1Marietana laht.jpg

.. a simple skyline
    2Marietana sky.jpg

.. an old town
    3Marietana pros.jpg

4orig tönav1.jpg

... an industrial area
    5Marietana toostus.jpg

... and of course a district of soviet block houses
    6Marietana lasn sees.jpg

7Marietana lasn.jpg

This was Mārietana
    8Marietana front uus.jpg

Thanks for watching and good luck to all participants :)

gbojanic, Drazicdesign, Inan and 12 others like this.
  7. XOUSTE

XOUSTE Ambasidor

Hi everyone,this is my city: Violette
    well,this is my first European city,what? this city doesnt looks like Europe...well,uh. Okay, i know its kinda mixed ,and even looks kinda Asian XD .....

you know,my English is suck,it's impossible for me to come up with a history for this city in English...well i could write in Chinese ...however...ha..

blah blah blah...here we go!

cxl_screenshot_maldek city_3_副本.jpg

8. parisenforce

parisenforce Skilled Worker

Hi everyone!
    Let me introduce you to Inelète: cxl_screenshot_linelete_156.jpg

Nowadays 800 000 living around the lagoon.
    Dynamic, highly densited, the city still offers many green places to chill out and avoid the activity of this aquatic hive!
    South part of the lagoon facing the sea has never been built up due to a strict and strong communal policy, classifying the site as protected since the early 1960´s.
    Inhabitants and tourists can then enjoy a nice and fine sandy beach if the rain doesn't show up!
    The proximity of the ocean and the quite open space between the two mains mounts surrounding the city allows the formation of heavy rainny clouds. Though the wind blowing from the south pushes all of them rather quickly, resulting in a sunny weather facilitating the growth of a luxuriant vegetation.
    This has been understood by the municipality, look at this magnificent botanical garden and its greenhouse for exotic butterflies on top of the little hill:
    cxl_screenshot_linelete_126.jpg

On an historical point of view, the core of the city is located at the south part of the lagoon, protected from the sea by natural sand hills, waters from the main river and the rest of the plain evacuates through this narrow passage:
    cxl_screenshot_linelete_140.jpg

This narrow passage is synonym of wealth for Linelète since it allowed commercial exchanges since the early beginning of the city. Protected from high tides and strong streams, the quite waters of the lagoon presented the perfect place to be for the first inhabitants of the region.
    The main architectural and urbanistic of the city core is using small islands separated by canals:
    cxl_screenshot_linelete_169.jpg

There is no need to say that these features after providing wealth and a dynamic economy through the centuries to the harbour, are still highly appreciated by tourists nowadays.
    Ferrys, ocean liners, boats, yatchs, sailing boats, there are more of places to welcome all of those guests and goods!

cxl_screenshot_linelete_83.jpg

And for the loyals readers that held through the presentation, please have a look at the following pictures to capture the essence of this very astonishing port city:

Thank your for reading!
    Many thanks to the whole community of moders, admins, participants, readers maintaining the game alive and enhancing the original experience of this great game I spend so much time playing with :)
    Good luck to everyone!

selodinger, enforce, adalix and 15 others like this.
  9. george_azur

george_azur Unskilled Worker

Hello everyone,
    This is my city named Saint George.
    The best that the city can brag is with it's infrastructure and it's skyscrapers. There was a plan for finishing the city and a big and very busy port but the mayor had other matters to attend to.

City competes for best skyline, RHM interchanges and parks.

Here are some pictures about the city's skyline:
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_5.jpg

cxl_screenshot_saint george_10.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_14.jpg

A general view of the city:
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_2.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_3.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_0.jpg

And the highways:

cxl_screenshot_saint george_6.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_18.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_4.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_saint george_22.jpg

Hope you like some of them and best of luck to all!

gespi79, Kaiman, Inan and 6 others like this.
  10. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

Hi, I present to you my city Havenlouis. It is French styled city targeted to get these categories:
    • best parks and plazas
    • best realistic city
    • best historical city
    • best looking harbor
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enjoy and sorry for my english.

gbojanic, veija2, Myname and 15 others like this.
  11. Kitsunebi

Kitsunebi Governor

Well then... this is my city of Haagendam, a Dutch-styled city of 2.1M inhabitants. The historic center was inspired by Amsterdam with all its lovely canals. Other places that served as models are Scheveningen, Alkmaar and Gorinchem...

With these pics it might be a contender for historic, port, airport, farming, holiday, erm and other... :D

[​IMG]

View of "Zeehoven", the famous maritime resort of Haagendam...
    [​IMG]

The city's historic center...
    [​IMG]

The old passenger terminal close to the center:
    [​IMG]

Top view of the city, the old port along the river, the new port beyond the Port Bridge and some of Haagendam's rail network with the Centraal Station on the left and Westpoort Sation on the right...
    [​IMG]

The city's green hinterland with Haagendam's "Van Beerk Int'l Airport":
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of the several commercial areas of the city:
    [​IMG]

View of "Coornstad", a small historic town just south of Haagendam:
    [​IMG]

Railway Station of Coornstad:
    [​IMG]

Hope you like it! Cheers, Kitsunebi :)

gespi79, veija2, Clemech4 and 12 others like this.
  12. CraCkeR JaCk

CraCkeR JaCk Elite

Welcome to EL RANGO
    :toast:

El Rango is a fanciful city built in the warm and inviting waters of the Grand Monk's Inlet :whistle:. It houses both old world and new world architecture and is culturally divers with an eye towards the future:dm5:.
    So drop on by and kick off those sandals and let the warm sands and hearts of El Rango soothe your sole's :dmc3:.

Elrango90.jpg
    Castle Point Rango60.jpg
    Night moves
    Rango108.jpg
    Monk's Inlet
    Rango68.jpg
    El Rango International
    Rango66.jpg

Rango104.jpg
    The old and new
    Rango64.jpg
    El Phallic Rango33.jpg Fog bank
    Rango54.jpg
    Night Glow
    Rango107.jpg
    • Best "Green" City
    • Best Parks and Plazas
    • Best realistic City
    • Best Vacation City
    • Best "Historical" City
    • Best "Commercial" City
    • Best Looking Skyline
    • Best Looking Airport
    Best of luck to all other contestants lots of cool city building,

Clemech4, RedZone19, Inan and 7 others like this.
  13. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Green Cove Springs
    A Ronrnian style city. I just simply built what I felt would look nice.
    01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 010.jpg Best Parking City
    Good luck to everyone.

veija2, Clemech4, RedZone19 and 6 others like this.
  14. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

Alba International Airport - AIA

Hey guys,

Since I have a clear idea for the city on The Inlet map, though don't have all the buildings necessary yet, I managed to only build and airport with a logistics park and a neighboring town.

I tried to go for something out of the box, something modern and visually appealing. I hope my submission can be considered in the Best Airport category, although I yet have to build a real city to it.

Good luck, guys!

Pepino

Alba International Airport - AIA
    [​IMG]

Overview of Alba International Airport
    [​IMG]

Main Terminal with two concourses
    [​IMG]

Alba Int'l is serviced by highway, high-speed trains (connection to the Old Town and the rest of the country) and monorail (connection to the modern part of the city). The stations are integrated directly to the Main Terminal
    [​IMG]

Private Terminal and Heliport
    [​IMG]

AILP - Alba International Logistics Park
    [​IMG]

Neighboring town - although the construction of AIA brought employment to the citizens, the negative effects like noise and traffic have citizens worried about the town's preservation. Moreover, the construction of a second runway is off the table due to their strong resistance.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

veija2, Clemech4, RedZone19 and 10 others like this.
  15. skullz613

skullz613 Administrator
    Staff Member

Couldn't think of a good name as usual so I'm sticking with the random name I came up with to start the map.

Here is Dreamland.

She is unfinished due to time and normal life problems.

Possibly going for the following categories
    • Best "Green" City
    • Best realistic City

cxl_screenshot_dreamland_360.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_358.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_357.jpg

cxl_screenshot_dreamland_355.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_349.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_327.jpg

cxl_screenshot_dreamland_318.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_301.jpg
    cxl_screenshot_dreamland_281.jpg

cxl_screenshot_dreamland_273.jpg

veija2, Clemech4, RedZone19 and 12 others like this.
  16. Wibi

Wibi Elite

The Japan Ministry of Tourism presents
    N A G A O K A K Y Ō
    City of Champions

From its origins as a poor fishing village, to being at the height of power during the second World War, Nagaokakyo has yet again remodeled itself from its warmongering past as the only Nazi Germany controlled city in Japan into becoming one of the World's Most Liveable Cities of 2016. Nestled on the East Coast of Japan's Honshu Island, Nagaokakyo now serves as one of the country's most significant financial and trading hubs. Much of the buildings once governed by the German Reich are now museums, with the exception of the French styled Tenji Palace and Adolf Hitler's private residence in Hatsu, which were handed over to the throne in 1947.

The ministry wishes to apply for the following:
    Best "Green" City
    Best RHM interchanges and highways
    Best Parks and Plazas
    Best realistic City
    Best Vacation City
    Best "Historical" City
    Best "Commercial" City
    Best Looking Skyline

NAGAOKAKYO-0265.jpg

veija2, Clemech4, RedZone19 and 10 others like this.
  17. SeptianAjie

SeptianAjie Executive

My city name : Lendorf
    European City

Maybe win in :
    • Best Vacation City
    • Best "Historical" City
    • Best "Commercial" City
    • Best Looking Skyline

The Main CBD
    [​IMG]

Lendorf Airport
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lendorf Castle & Old City
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another pics
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clemech4, RedZone19, Inan and 8 others like this.
  18. RedZone19

RedZone19 Mayor

[​IMG]

Hi, this is my entry for the Inlet competition. I named it Bosphorus. I did actually write a brief history for the city but after some thoughts I decided to not include it, 'cause I think that would better fit a CJ.

I'm going to to break my entry into two parts, the first spoiler contains pictures which were moderately photoshopped. Due to the rendering inabilities of Cities XXL, I feel the need to use some extra help from PS just to show you the way I see. I'd somehow receive opinions on how ps ruined city simulators, and that I should refrain from using it, so the pictures in the second spoiler are of minimum to no editing. Anyway, I congratulate you all for your participation, and BIG kudos to every modder. Have a nice day.

19. IcyHot

IcyHot Administrator
    Staff Member

Time is up folks. The Voting will start soon from the entries submitted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.