1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Suggestions On Traffic Reduction?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Austin Gates, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Austin Gates

Austin Gates Unskilled Worker

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on how my city could reduce traffic. I like to think of this as a town hall meeting!
    traffic help.jpg

2. pauliaxz

pauliaxz Mayor

Public transport

Austin Gates likes this.
  3. Austin Gates

Well I have several bus lines, and I also have 4 metro lines, but traffic is still bad.

4. Rene

Rene Executive

more mass transit, busses, trams

5. veija2

veija2 Mayor

You've done a nice job with your traffic so far, and this road structure looks like it's at a crucial point. Here's a couple tips:

traffic help.jpg
    1. Smaller roads intersect major thoroughfares too close together. Connect multiple roads at the same intersection. Where possible, delete the section of smaller road that crosses the main road. Reconnect the smaller road section to another smaller road with less traffic or do away with it all together.

2. Add a service road right next to either side of the main road. Connect the smaller intersection roads to it instead of the main road. Connect the service road to the main road at a more limited number of intersections.

3. The bridge and sections of road it connections to on both sides should have the same traffic capacity. Right now, this is the main bridge being used to cross the river. Not much traffic is using the lower bridge because it isn't the shortest route between places where sims want to go.

4. Put direct routes (bridge, major thoroughfare) between important destinations. Consider adding another bridge.

5. Some of your crowded intersections look like an overpass would clear things up.

6. Your inner ring road is carrying too much traffic to be just decorative. Reroute traffic to a (new) main thoroughfare or make the ring road bigger. Actually, the outer ring road looks like it's headed the same way. Be sure your ring roads are one way.

Hope this helps. Like I said - these are tweeks to a system that's nicely designed already.

Austin Gates likes this.
  6. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

7. Austin Gates

Thanks so much for the advice and the graphic! I will definitely look at changing these right away. The main problem with my bridge is that I'm using a road size that doesn't have a corresponding bridge size :/ Or I couldn't find one anyways.

8. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

have you got the bridge / road mods ?

Austin Gates likes this.
  9. Austin Gates

I have got the road mod, but idk about the bridge mod. And when I go to build a bridge, most of the ones have no thumbnails and when you place them, they aren't bridges really, just floating roads. it's very odd and I cannot figure out which mod messed everything up

10. MuxLee

MuxLee Executive

there are lots of bridge mods just search the xlex , they are a bit fiddly

Austin Gates likes this.