1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Cities XXL Weird texture problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Puss in boots, May 7, 2015.

1. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Hi guys

I have a small problem.

I have being building my city and now the buildings look all very weird with bad textures. the buildings that i already had builded looks fine, only the new ones i want to build are with ugly textures. I already have deleted my shaderchache but no effect.

But then after like 5 a 10 min the buildings become perfect with textures

anny ideas???

2. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

just a litle more information

Also when i close my city the game crash it give me this log

[09:42:31] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [09:42:31] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error InterfaceMgr:OptionsPanelToggle
    [09:42:32] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error 50.000000
    [09:42:34] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error InterfaceMgr:OptionsPanelToggle
    [09:42:35] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error MainMenuMgr:Resume calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [09:42:41] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [09:42:46] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [09:42:50] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error PanelMgr:ClearAll calls PanelMgr:ClearMainMenu
    [09:43:09] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error Doing New message box with noAction MESSAGEBOX:NoAction
    [09:43:11] LUA csScriptManager.cpp ( 523) Error Doing New message box with noAction
    [09:43:17] GRAPH3D psManager.cpp ( 102) Assert Unregistered particle systems left
    [09:43:17] GRAPH3D psManager.cpp ( 104) Assert Unregistered particle emitters left
    [09:44:03] CORE mcSerializeTag.cpp ( 42) ErrorBuild mcSerializeTag: Corrupted file, Invalid tag

3. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

the last line says Corrupted file, Invalid tag
    which means one of your mods might have an issue. are there any other log lines after that one?
    as for bad textures then good textures sounds odd, maybe the mod is missing maps or trying to get a shader that does not work.

4. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Well I have changed a few things in the configuration file and that worked very well. No more crash and bad texture but I still have some odd black uhm texture on the gras or bilboards. Also the plazas have something odds in one 1 side. Like if the shadows don't work correctly

5. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

what version of cxl are you playing? maybe your graphics card is over heating or about to cark it :)

6. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Xxl

That would be strange because I have a gamer laptop. Also the game runs very smoothly

7. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

more than likely a dodgy mod then. you have installed the latest version of community patch for players I presume?
    xxl_altiris_communitymod_v2.05
    I think that is latest version have not checked for a few weeks

8. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Yes I have the latest one, for now it ok because the game don't crash at exit. But finding that mod will be difficult

9. nicko2u

nicko2u Governor

yeah be careful what mods you install to xxl as not are all friendly yet. those that use custom shaders/furnitures are most likely causing your issues.