1. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

What Do You Think About The Los Angeles Area?

Discussion in 'XLN Watering Hole' started by metrocity345, Oct 27, 2014.

1. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

For me, I live in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. I think it has all my expectations of my hobbies and interests in this metropolitan area I'm living in. I live in the San Fernando Valley area of the Los Angeles metropolitan area which is the most boring area of L.A. area. :yawn:

There are some cities in the L.A. area that have good quality of life. There are cities in the L.A. area that have large Asian populations and offer east Asian culture such as; Monterey Park, Torrance, and the rest of the San Gabriel Valley. Cities in the L.A. area that have good quality of life such as; Burbank, Torrance, Cerritos, Monterey Park, and Simi Valley.

Since this metropolitan area of Los Angeles relates to my interests and hobbies; it has an anime convention in downtown L.A., it has some smaller cities that have good quality of life, and offers Japanese popular culture & east Asian culture. It also has good museums, and great amusement parks in the metropolitan area. It also has a great film industry based in Burbank and the Hollywood area. ;):)

Except, parts of the metropolitan area of L.A. has crime and bad areas which is mostly in South Los Angeles, Compton, East Los Angeles, northeast & central San Fernando Valley, Harbor area, Long Beach, Pomona, Anaheim, Santa Ana, and southeast Los Angeles. :(

For me, I think the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area is a great metropolitan area to me in my opinion. ;):) For XLN members, what do you think about this metropolitan area in southern California?

2. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

My understanding of LA is smog, endless concrete, hot sun, wildfires, aggressive drivers, and traffic jams.

I'm sure that's an exaggeration and not true of the whole area, but that's what I think of it. The city suffers from too much sprawl imo.

3. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

The Los Angeles Metropolitan Area is the best metropolitan area in the United States and North America.

4. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Stop smoking crack, it's not good for you.

5. Möebius

Möebius Executive

of having desire to smoke something, grass is much better, more natural, do not hesitate

Los Angeles could be a good place to live, and to dead too...
    take a look please http://homicide.latimes.com/

6. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

Ok, I am just expressing my opinion about the Los Angeles Metropolitan area. So just stay on topic about your opinions about this metropolitan area.

7. Spock

Spock Executive

dont do those fallacy thing, why you think its the best?

8. metrocity345

metrocity345 Elite

It has a lot to offer like; it has a film industry, small cities that have good quality of life with some Asian culture, great amusement parks, an anime convention, and a great and elaborate public transportation system. There are parts of the LA area that are beautiful. But that's my opinion about the Los Angeles Metropolitan area. Except for crime and traffic.

9. Atticus

Atticus Unskilled Worker

Well, I'm from middle-eastern Europe, as they call Poland, and know L.A. most from films, never been there. But isn't it a bit boring in those wide, american-style agglomeratioln like Los Angeles, that wherever (mostly) you go, it's the same - sqare order of streets fulled with single-family house, from time to time some warehouse. Maybe it's just the Europian way of thinking about cities and buildings in it, I'm curious.

10. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

Well, from what little I know (I never lived there but I know a few people who are either from there or live there currently, I have also gone on a few vacations to there), LA is a great place to live if you are wealthy and live in a wealthy area/neighborhood. If you are not, then you have to deal with smog, heat, pollution, traffic, lack of greenery, aggressive drivers, drought, and crime. Then again, most major cities in the Western Hemisphere are either like that or worse: paradise for the fabulously wealthy, living hell for the impoverished. The Los Angeles area includes Hollywood, where most movies are made. It might include Silicon Valley depending on who you ask (where most technology is made, obviously). It also includes quite a few scary slums.

In contrast:
    The Seattle area has moderately high crime in the more "fun" areas with the night life and it's cold and damp in the winter. Most of Washington State is utterly boring the only fun are in the biggest cities in the state (Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Vancouver, and maybe Spokane and the Tri-Cities). The wealthy take vacations to Seattle in the summer and most people just have to deal with the cold and rain in the winter.

--Ocram

11. Stevo

Stevo Skilled Worker

I think LA metro is awesome. If i ever get to go outside Australia, LA is on the top of my list. I've spent hours cruising around it on google earth and streetview. The sheer size of it is mindblowing. It has so much diversity. Big mansions, the hoods, movies, freeway chases. Its so nice yet so bad ass. If i lived there, i'd cruise around all weekend checking it all out. All the cities i build are la metro styled sprawl.

12. Steven H. Endermann

If I were to be offered my dream life, but it would be anywhere in California, then I would turn it down. I hate California, and I do not consider it part of the USA.

13. Pamascus27

Pamascus27 Mayor

What I think of Los Angeles Metro Area? Well I can usually relate it to Hollywood stuffs, but other than that I think it is a bit of a boring place to live as a regular person because of its very immense urban sprawl. But well if you're lucky and a wealthy class person, I would say you're going to like it, I guess. I will rate it as not a good place to live in North America. San Francisco, on the other hand, which is located in the same state, seems way better overall. Anyways, this is just my opinion and as a person living in Asia, I don't know much about Los Angeles. :p

14. snick

snick Moderator
    Staff Member

Agreed, San Francisco seems like a much more livable city.

15. Alex24

Alex24 Moderator
    Staff Member

I am surprised nobody started a discussion about that. Seems like nobody is in the mood.

16. Steven H. Endermann

The users of this website have better things to do than to argue about what /u/Steven H. Endermann, some random guy to everybody else, said on the internet AKA they are not being like the bigots on Reddit and freaking out like twelve year-old girls. That is one of the things that I like about this website. The staff and majority of the users are much nicer and more mature.

17. AzemOcram

AzemOcram Executive

If California could get its act together and help itself by taking the steps to sustain itself (such as building high tech power plants and desalination plants), I would like it more.

--Ocram

18. gm624

gm624 Unskilled Worker

A very large place that I dread navigating. New York City makes much more sense to me - LA? I would end up explaining myself at a border crossing into Mexico. Haha. Great town, interesting history.

19. chocolate_city

chocolate_city Executive

Having lived there for several years during the 90's. LA was a diverse place with, at times, too much going on... Because there are so many people.. it harder to make serious connections, it takes some getting used to, but it can be a fun place to live... you've got almost every living condition there,,, snow in the mountains, deserts, beaches, urban living, trendy spots, everything ... but you've also got every conceivable low life also... Would I consider living there again... it depends...