1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Castle wall/Esplanade Road Pack V1.0

Assorted medieval castle wall pieces with matching esplanade road

1. Kimopolis

Kimopolis Executive

Hello,

I am having the same problem with this mod on XLPlatinum... I'd update the Tags file. I don't know how to fix it. Thanks so much!!!

OmniusPrime likes this.
  2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Kimopolis,
    Let's hope that PaulJChris can improve upon his mod so that it'll work fine in both XL and XXL. I hope we'll be able to see the furniture once built as well as getting the wall section without tower ends to be less of a collision problem with hopefully negative collision on both ends so we can make seamless connections.

Kimopolis likes this.
  3. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Sorry about this issue. I have tried a couple of things that might have affected the furniture display issues which Kipate has kindly tested but sadly no success. It is not helped by the fact that I cannot replicate the problem on my own system so need others to test. With regards to the connectivity, my idea was to solve this issue by providing a 40m plobabble no collision wall section which you could then join to the other draggable walls to make a clean connection. Unfortunately as this is also a furniture piece it suffers from the same non display issue on some systems.

OmniusPrime and Kimopolis like this.
  4. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

PaulJChris,
    That is sad that the furniture doesn't show on some systems, obviously kipate and I must have some mods that cause this problem. Definitely tough for you to see unless you find the mod that breaks the furniture display. A pity that 40m wall section is furniture, but it probably has to be instead of a wall section that has a variable length. I even tried the CollisionBoxTolerance mod by vampire that allows for negative collision but couldn't get that to work for me on the wall section that has no tower ends. Hopefully someone will be able to figure out the problems so you could make this castle mod work for everyone.

5. kipate

kipate Governor

Actually, this mod is the first that yet does not work for me :(

BahadirB and OmniusPrime like this.
  6. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

The issue is that the dragable walls are actually road bridges in disguise with no road displayed. Each section is modelled using a different size of road ie 15M. 20M 30M etc. in order for them to get as close as they do at the moment and also so they can share the same custom tag. Since there is no intersection code within the game files for bridges they give a not enough room message when placed too close just like road bridges. With careful placement you could use the furniture piece to overcome this limitation easily and overlap it with the end of the dragable walls.

Mr.X² and OmniusPrime like this.
  7. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    We must have a mod in common that is preventing either of us from seeing the furniture, while PJC doesn't seem to have it. :( I have 301 mods so figuring out which one might be tough. I'm thinking it must be a mod that changes how things look. I wonder if it's Monty's fix for old shader crash errors v1.1? I also use the no more boxed cars mod by DJ McFly, but that shouldn't cause a visual problem with the walls. I'm not using any blue sky mods or mods that really change how things look. I hope whatever mod is causing the problem can be found.

8. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

PaulJChris,
    Thanks for giving more info about the wall pieces that are bridges. That explains why the fine placement file from the CollisionBoxTolerance mod didn't help with it's negative collision feature. I hope whatever mod file is causing a problem can be found so perhaps players can not use it while constructing the cool castle mod you made without losing anything.

9. kipate

kipate Governor

Well, I do have a several hundred mods for XXL, too. Also, it may be better not to make wild assumptions about the functionality of mods without a test and a re-test ;)

10. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    You really can't help being a jerk can you? I wasn't making wild assumptions but trying to offer some ideas as to what mod we might have in common. It's obvious you have no interest in trying to help figure the problem out, just make disparaging comments to me so from now on I'm just ignoring you! :finger:

11. kipate

kipate Governor

Okay, ignore me. It was meant as a good advice. Also, I did try to help PaulJChris

12. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    Yes I know you tried to help PJC. I tried to politely engage you in trying to help him only to get another ignorant snarky reply. You really need to learn manners and how to try being polite with people, you'll get more cooperation that way.

13. kipate

kipate Governor

Learning matters also includes not making wild assumptions about a topic that I do not understand that well.

14. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

kipate,
    Obviously you're not capable of learning from your past mistakes, manners is indeed a subject you are clueless about. Plus your wild assumptions to help PJC amounted to absolutely nothing as well!

15. pik1

pik1 Vagabond

What is New Custom Tag? Because this mod crashes my game. I use XXL on Steam, how can I get it.

16. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Make sure to download one of the custom version of the Community mod listed in the instructions , replacing the current version. This will add the custom tag you need in order to avois crashing your game.

17. parisenforce

parisenforce Skilled Worker

Hi everyone,
    I have just noticed today that when placing the ploppable version tower, gate etc.. I can't place them. I mean they appear and I can adjust their position or height through the shift key, but once I find the perfect position and left click on the item to place it definitely it just doesn't put it. I can left clik how much I want it doesn't build it on the map, the item stays on the mouse as if it were unvalid/ or something, though it isn't highlighted in red o_O

18. PaulJChris

PaulJChris Governor

Check to see that your furniture settings are set to always visible on the advanced graphics panel. The pieces exceed the normal spec for furniture, this may also be the cause. I am fortunate to be running an up to date modern PC which can handle it but it may not be the case on less powerful machines.

19. parisenforce

parisenforce Skilled Worker

Ok I'm gonna check that. Thank you for your answer

20. Pepino

Pepino Mayor

@PaulJChris, for the seamless connection, how about moving the start and end? The model would overlap the CB and therefore cover the gaps.