1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

Sudirman Plaza Jakarta 1.1

Office Building from Jakarta

1. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Salut OmniusPrime,

First of all thank you to present your point of view with arguments. What allows me to answer most objectively.

If I understand you well the basic game offers buildings too much anemic. What is corrected by the mod of fayeddd.

Yet it is exactly what I do not wish. The basic game is may be cheap. But that's the challenge: to make the maximum with the minimum. It is the definition of a good management.

Your other argument is that the game is not very realistic. All right, buildings of the same size producing the same amount of resources is not very realistic. But a game is never the reality, it represents only a tiny part of it. And if it is not realistic on this point, it offers for example a very interesting realism with flows: to have a lot of money is unnecessary if you do not have infrastructures (other flows). You will not find this "realism" in many other games.

Let us take for example the chess game to illustrate the point. In the reality a knight does not jump over a tower, as well as all the knights don't not have the same power. But what the rule of the knight represents is the speed of movement. It's the same with a management play: it simply reproduces the difficulty of any management: to do with the least possible a lot. We like or we don't like. But it is the principle of the management.

So I am very satisfied that you find my beautiful buildings. Realy. I like very much to creat nice buildings. But I shall not change management rules. I like very much the management too. And I like CXXL because it mixes the two gameplay.

And I hope you will not be angry with me.

OmniosPrimce, have a nice evening.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  2. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Salut Birk LeGlaire,
    Don't worry I'm not mad at you, just hope you'll lighten up a little on the reality of management. While making the most from the minimum is a nice concept is it really fun? Yes it's nice to overcome a challenge but it's also nice to be able to afford lots of cool buildings, or necessary ones. I wish someone would make a better fire station building as I'm finding fire service to be the toughest one to overcome to make people happy. Having more profitable buildings makes it more affordable to build more of the underperforming fire stations. A pity we don't have something like the Alcatraz blueprint building or the LA Courthouse one to help boost fire safety satisfaction, now there's a worthy project for you to tackle!

You make beautiful buildings for sure but you should also bear in mind making some of them more profitable. I found there's a limit to how much trade you can have and as we add new cities it makes it challenging being able to spread the Omnicorp wealth to many cities through trade.

One of the criteria I use in judging buildings is economic benefit. I found a few that fayeddd made to be truly impressive in that regard and I'm not happy that you dissed him about his latest office building being too profitable. I don't want you forcing him to dumb down his building incomes as that is one of my favorite aspects of his buildings.

You seem to forget we play these games to have fun and having more profitable buildings allows us to have more fun. The prices to build buildings in the Paris Pack are way too low yet I didn't see you take that to task. Please remember that these games are only models so don't try to cram too much realism into something that isn't real in the first place, have a little fun and allow us to as well. I also have fun overcoming a challenge but too much challenge and the game becomes boring and frustrating and stops being played.

Have a Nice Day!

Birk LeGlaire likes this.
  3. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Salut OmniusPrime
    I read you carefully and I really appreciate your "I like" in spite of our divergeance. That is fairplay. Bravo.
    Unfortunately I have to notice that our points of view are not compatible.
    Yes it is, undoubtedliy. In any case for me! And there our perspectives diverge. What I accept even if to see mods not respecting management rules of the basic game frustrates me a lot. So it will be necessary to you to accept that my mods will never go away from basic management rules. Even if it will frustrate you also.
    OmniusPrime, if I commented all the mods not respecting the management rules of the basic game, I would already have been thrown outside of XLNation. What I don¨t want. Almost all modes CXXL 2015 don't respect respect them. But I had a rule: I comment only mods having a ground shape respecting standard. I can to tell you that I'm very frustrated. But it does not stop me from continuing to publish mods even if I delivered more mods that I use.
    I would find really interesting to share our strategies used to succeed in developping our cities. But obviously without changing basic rules. It is all the interest of these rules. But it is realy hard to find people writing about this.

OmniusPrime, have a goog evening.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  4. secpol

secpol Governor

Hi Birk!

I have a task for you at the first class of high school.

There are two offices (absolutely real manufacturers electronics), buildings have the same area:

1. Office "Apple" in the USA;
    2. Office "Integral" in the Belarus.

Question: which office will generate more resources?

OmniusPrime likes this.
  5. OmniusPrime

OmniusPrime Elite

Salut Birk LeGlaire,
    You really need to lighten up and not be such a stickler for these management rules. I mean who elected you management rules police? You’re frustrating yourself by having too much expectation of realistic management rules that are only an artificial standard that may or may not be realistic. If you lighten up about management rules you’ll enjoy the game more, that and perhaps a few glasses of good French or California wine. :cool:

I have no problem with your mods adhering to this rigid management rule criteria that seems too important to you, if I like how they look or function then I use them. I’ve been using a lot of your mods without really checking what they generate, sometimes a cool looking building is all that matters.

Never forget XXL is merely a game so be more lenient in accepting how others handle management rules. You’ll be less frustrated and enjoy the gaming experience more. I like having buildings that generate a generous tax income as that allows me to afford more service buildings. Indeed it would be nice to compare notes on city planning strategy, you’ll see in my videos that I try to show mine.

Dirk, Have a Nice Day!

6. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Hello Secpol,

Sorry but I will not answer your question because your question let me see that you don't andersand what I mean. And I will not repeat my arguments once more. I accept you don't agree with me. And please, accept too that I have another point of view even if you don't anderstand it.

Ok ?

7. secpol

secpol Governor

Do not you find that you are not clearly convey their point of view, for all this time, you could write a manual, and so, just demagoguery.

Birk, Get plenty of business! Let's manual!

P.S. The correct answer is "Apple".

OmniusPrime likes this.
  8. Birk LeGlaire

Birk LeGlaire Governor

Salut OmniusPrime,

. Its your point of view. I respect it. So I am not going to argue that personal view. But please let me have my personal view too.

Good objective question! And I can answer with objective arguments. But I'll do it only if you accept not to asnwer with subjective arguments like that I'm such a sticker ... having to much expectation ... with my mods adhering to this rigid management rule criteria that seems too important to me and that I will be less frustrated and enjoy the gaming experience more if I adopt your view.

Are you ok with that ?

So OmniusPrime, have a good night.

OmniusPrime likes this.
  9. secpol

secpol Governor

Birk, A lot of text, let's Manual

OmniusPrime likes this.