1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

The Inlet, City Building Contest

Discussion in 'Competitions' started by IcyHot, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

I had good inspiration. Your city Amanpour.(y)
    But I don't think, that i am going to win this competition, maybe best harbour and historical city, but overall will win some highrise city - maybe Puss in Boots's city.

Inan likes this.
  2. Inan

Inan Governor

Thanks, kaiman. Yeah, there will be more candidates, as said, but the level of detail is tremendous, so there is no need for understatement Let's see what comes out. :)

Kaiman likes this.
  3. kipate

kipate Governor

@Kaiman , maybe a hint by me:

For the axis, I would recommend to put some architectonical candy for the eye there, at both endings. Maybe have a look at the Historical Axis of Paris, for instance. I could imagine this to look a bit better...

4. Wibi

Wibi Elite

I'm
    i'm speechless. Turning that arc into a dome is genius btw. Loving this city so much! Been zooming in to see the details these past few minutes haha

parisenforce and Kaiman like this.
  5. parisenforce

parisenforce Skilled Worker

Your answer is more than complete, thank you very much (y)

Kaiman likes this.
  6. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

Yes, you are right. Originally i wantet to build smaller city with 300 000 inhabitants - closer to Boredaux than Paris style. So my city is not comprehensive as should be.

I am looking forward to other cities for this competition;)

7. Wibi

Wibi Elite

Less than 4 more weeks to go guys! Love seeing people's submissions so far.

At the rate my city is going, I really don't see how I'll finish in time. Here's a glimpse into my definition of hell and chaos. I seriously applaud real Japanese city planners in creating such havoc of a city, yet so beautifully organised and aesthetically pleasing.

gamescreen0212.jpg
    gamescreen0214.jpg

Inspiration
    Register or to view Spoiler content!

8. Kaiman

Kaiman Executive

I like the second picture. Hill with castle and mid buildings looks cool - and Budha at background oversees the city:angel:. I want to see some SAT picture:rolleyes:

Wibi likes this.
  9. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

I lost my city, I am thinking of making a new one

10. kipate

kipate Governor

You know that you can get it back?

Did it crash, or what?
    Have you tried deleting the prototypes files?
    I guess you regularly cleared the shadercache?

11. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

Well to be honest I was angry at the game and removed everything from my laptop in my anger and then I was like NOOOOOOOOO

royb 98 likes this.
  12. kipate

kipate Governor

13. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

Oooohhhh!!! :rofl::think:

14. Wibi

Wibi Elite

This needs to be framed. EPIC

15. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

@Wibi, if you could also add some overground bridges and tracks for trains it would look more realistic even. In Japan almost all JR trains go above ground at a 3rd floor level or so: it's such a distinct feature of Japanese cityscape. See what you can do with what we have at the moment, I'm useless when it comes to making a decent railway line

16. Wibi

Wibi Elite

Thanks for the tip, got a few overground bridges up and running, would have to post some pic of it sometimes.

Yeah I was pretty late to pick this up, had to delete many pre-existing buildings to implement the JR train system. I can't seem to get the railway mod to work and it was only recently after reinstalling the monorail mod that I got that particular feature to FINALLY work, so I apologize and hope the monorail will suffice for the railway.

Please if you have any other suggestions to how I can make this city more Japanese, let me know! Tips from a real Japanese (I assume you are) is more than welcome, you've been so very helpful.

17. mrmnts

mrmnts Skilled Worker

You don't have to appologize at all about anything. I'm not Japanese, but I've lived here for several years now and I'm surrounded by Japanese cityscapes. Looks like you are working so hard on this project and there is not a lot of material to make the kind of city you've challenged yourself with so kudos to you 頑張って!(Good luck!)

Wibi likes this.
  18. Wibi

Wibi Elite

haha. Using the contest as an excuse to better myself and one make cities like @Inan. Also, cos its fun!

Inan likes this.
  19. Wibi

Wibi Elite