1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you are going to register on XLNation, please make sure you do not use a proxy server.
    If you use a proxy server your registration will most likely get blocked due to spammers and hackers using proxy servers to hide their real IP address.

If your using your home or work IP address and have not received your registration email, check your spam folder.
    PLEASE DO NOT ASK TO HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT DELETED IF YOU HAVE POSTED IN THE FORUM! If so we do not delete accounts due to the mess it can make on the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please see the following thread for more information
    XLN's future is looking bad

XXL Realistic Highway Mod 2 2.5

XLN_XXL_RHM2_pitty_xlnation_staff-v2.5

1. LARRY WASHTON

LARRY WASHTON Unskilled Worker

how istall this program or download this please make yourtube

2. mhsedky

mhsedky Vagabond

That's fabulous, But I think we need to widen the highways than in the former versions.... Can you add additional highways with 6, 7 and 8 lanes (including their interchanges connections).....
    About interchanges connections, Why the player is always imposed by maximum 2 lanes on the right side of the interchange connector? for Example(assume you are constructing a highway of 5 lanes, the available interchanges connectors are (3 to the left and 2 to the right, 4 on the left and 1 on the right, 4 on the left and 2 on the right, 5 on the left and 1 on the right) so why can't I have an interchange connector that splits the road into 2 on the left and 3 on the right for example.
    Also, Why the player is imposed by splitting the highway into 2 ways, why not to ways for example ?

Kind Regards

3. LARRY WASHTON

LARRY WASHTON Unskilled Worker

thank you for fix this now am very happy

4. ernesto263

ernesto263 Skilled Worker

I don't know that it happens, crashes my game when I work with RHM, does anyone know why?

5. Puss in boots

Puss in boots Executive

We need a update that makes you place bridges on the ground

6. veija2

veija2 Mayor

Thanks for getting this into XXL. I'd like to get it without the signs at the beginning of the scroll - I don't use them and they're a hundred extra clicks (edit: a lot of clicks, feels like 100) when I'm building interchanges. :) Also, what about the bridge connectors? I'd like to build some raised exits.

7. Henri Christophe

Henri Christophe Vagabond

8. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Hello has All,

Normally, when we build a bridge which cross the mountain, he is transformed into tunnel.
    Except here it does not work,
    gamescreen0132.jpg

What is what this problem is settled?

9. Kurtis Edwards

There a few simple things I noticed in-regards to your problem. I use to not be able to use all the connectors in American Roads, but didn't have the problem in Default Roads. There are three mods you need for the RHM. The RHM mod, the Add-on and Comm Mod. You have to have the add-on to get the full package of connectors. As for the signs, I too wish they maybe weren't even in the transportation menu. But, I do agree, an update for those would be awesome. But, you can use the filter for now, just filter to what you want. However, there is no filter setting for the regular freeway lanes so you have to continually reset. Dumb... why wasn't a filter tag added for the ground lanes? LOL. But, if you have all the MOD's needed for RHM you should have single and double lane elevated connectors.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Vagabond

I'm trying to use this for the first time. But I'm having a couple of problems.

First, I'm using the 4-lane road and it's changing the terrain instead of following the grade. So, I've got a giant cliff that's grown up or a chasm that's being cut through a hill to support a highway. How do I keep this from happening?

Also, I'm trying to build a bridge across a river. I've got a road on each side ready to connect with a bridge. I choose the correct bridge and try to connect them but when I do, I get an error that says "bridge foundation too low".

Any help would be appreciated.

11. Kurtis Edwards

Watch your set-points while building the road. Turn the elevation on (even though you will have to continually do it with every item change). RHM will terraform, and those long dips or cliffs are from dragging out a large stretch of road. Point and click the section a bit smaller. Make sure there is nice point at the top and bottom of the elevation you want to make.

Also, think strategically about RHM roads, those long dips and cliffs if done close enough to each other could maybe be filled in with plaza's that will terraform land....... you can create incredibly smooth hills to lay a neighborhood on.

Welcome to the club with the RHM bridges.. It's a craft you'll have to master. XXL RHM bridges act a lot different than previous versions. You just gotta figure our where you start you're incline/decline. Practice by lowering the bridge to the ground and extending it out and raising it... you'll find the green spots are different for each type of bridge. There's no work around really.

12. ronrn

ronrn Governor

RHM can really mess things up when used anywhere except on flat ground and creates a lot of extra repair work.
    I use the elevated RHM when dealing with most slopes.
    As for bridges, manually adjusting up/down a little between the start and end of a slope helps with the 'foundation to low' thing.
    To make things worse, RHM makes really ugly junctions and bridge/road joins in XXL. And... expect a crash or two when using it. Just be sure to back up your city very often.
    Like Kurtis said, it takes some practice before you can manage very well.
    Good luck.

13. Jeremy

Jeremy Vagabond

Ok. Thank you. And just so I'm. You have to build two roads side by side, one going each way if you want one stretch going each way. Correct?

14. ronrn

ronrn Governor

Correct, and be sure to build(drag) them in the same direction you want the traffic to travel (roads and bridges).

15. ronrn

ronrn Governor

16. Kurtis Edwards

I guess I can see how the terraforming does seem to create a lot of repair work. I mean, I start my cities by building the highway network, so that could be a lot of it right there. Most of my repair work comes into play adding the exits after planning the 'main' roads. I just think RHM can actually be used to aid in terraforming, much like ped paths aid in building all sorts of things.

17. Kurtis Edwards

So much so that I refuse to do it. I will redo an exchange, exit, or freeway to have it so it goes RHM road/connector/RHM bridge.

18. hasif

hasif Vagabond

The bridges above ground having tunnel, this problem is still not resolved :( Using the Community Mod in steam workshop.

19. Drazicdesign

Drazicdesign Ambasidor

Here, a problem solved!

Soon a "RHM" to own "cities XXL"

gamescreen0228.jpg

Great! :b16:

Jamezinho and Nogerivan like this.
  20. Mr.X²

Mr.X² Moderator
    Staff Member

can you still build tunnels?^^
    i also was at that point once.. but everytime one problem was solved another one appeared instead :notworthy:
    does it work on all maps? especially the ingame ones